Photo courtesy of Monkey Humper.
I've been tagged! I've seen memes floating around the blogosphere before, but have never participated in one. They remind me of chain emails, you know, those exuberant missives -- which I promptly delete-- regarding the $$$ Bill Gates will send you if you forward that same message to your closest 40 friends.
And since memes have the potential to become like the spam my friends & family sometimes forward me. I can't guarantee I'll play along if anyone tags me again, but I kind of like this one, and since Kitty, at NY Portraits, asked so nicely, I'll participate just this once. :)
The question: 'If you had the opportunity to do a 1-year internship in a company or field completely unrelated to your current career or specialty, what would be your top 5 choices?'
Since I'm a professional paper-pusher, this is going to be easy!
- Florist: I've always loved flowers, and when I was little I sometimes dreamed about becoming a florist when I grew up. So yes, I'd love to be a florist, at least for a little while.
- Professional Musician: Ideally I would like to play with the NY Philharmonic, or an opera orchestra. Some of my fondest memories while in school happened while sitting in the middle of an orchestra, or in the back of the 'pit' under a stage. I'd love to play again, even if just for a year.
- Travel Critic: I'd love to travel the world and write about fabulous places to visit and see. Sweeping vistas from Machu Picchu, white sandy beaches in Aruba, or the fabulous architecture and food in Morocco.
- Sound Engineer: I'd love to work on movie soundtracks. A geek at heart, I love new tech toys. While in college, I toyed with the idea of heading into the movie/soundtrack field of work. Boy would that have been exciting.
- Billionaire's Trophy Stay-At-Home-Mom: (Wife to the billionaire, mom to the kids) Of course, I'd like this one to last a little longer than a year, lol, no really, I think I'd make a great stay-at-home-mom. I like to cook and garden, I'm one of those awesome 21st century gals who is smart and likes tech toys. What more could you want in a stay-at-home-mom?. . . I can hear you asking, why the billionaire? In response, I'll ask you, how else will I be able to pay for the tutors, nannies, and staff?
I in turn am going to tag three other blogs. Yes, I know the others in this particular thread have tagged five, but I'm helping to cut down on the madness.
A note to those I’m tagging: Please feel free to a) spurn the tag (although it must be done in a formal post), b) halfheartedly comply with the tag and not tag any others in return, or c) enthusiastically embrace the meme and forthwith tag 40 of your closest and dearest friends.
- Fatty, at Fat Cyclist. Please, please don't stab me with your multi-tool if we ever meet in person.
- Ree, at Confessions of a Pioneer Woman. Whatever you do, please don't send Handy Randy to my place in retaliation. I only have one bathroom, and I need it.
- Dan, at Uncle Dan's Blog. Out of the three, you actually live the closest. Here's hoping you don't pedal your way up here and strangle me with your bike chain.
With all pleading aside, tag, you're it. Have fun!
p.s. Thanks Kitty, that was fun. Oh, and I promise not to hunt you down and stab you with my gelato spoon.
Oh, alright!! Because you wheedled and plead so eloquently, I'll see what I can do. But this might take me a bit to get done. I'll work on it. Hmmm. Strangulation with a bike chain...sounds messy.ReplyDelete
lol, great! :) I can't wait to see which option you choose.ReplyDelete
I love the travel idea. Peru is on my list but the threat of air sickness puts me off.
I was a serious musician, too (viola). I'd choose string quartet over orchestra, though it'd be tough to see the same three people over and over again.
Oh! I get motion sick too!! But I find that after a while, I adjust. By the end of the trip, I'm usually just fine... go figure.ReplyDelete
Also nice meet a fellow musician. :)