Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Self Portrait, at the beach
Here I am at the beach a few short weeks ago. The tang of the sea permeated the air, the roar of waves crashed along the shore, and the soft sand underfoot was soothing. This shot was taken at San Clemete, one of my favorite Southern California beaches. Why does it rank among my favorites? Well, because you can go out into the ocean 30 feet and still only have water reach your waist. It's perfect for boogie boarding.
I played family photog at this occasion, so this is all you're going to see of me in the near future. :)
A few days ago Kitty over at NY Portraits tagged me to tell you eight random things about me. Since most of you don't even know me, this should be fairly easy! lol
1. I fell out of a two-story window when I was 2 1/2, landed on my head, got to wear a cast on my head reminiscent of a football helmet and lived to tell the tale (obviously). I'll see if I can dig up some old footage to show you how I looked when I came home from the hospital.
2. I'm 5' 10" and started to regularly wear heals for the first time when I graduated from high school (really), because I was afraid to be taller than all the guys I knew. Fortunately it didn't take me long after graduating to realize that I was already taller than most the guys I knew and that not wearing heals wasn't going to make any difference. I said, "Skip it", and have had a blast ever since.
3. Je parles francais. Vraiment. Mais, je ne suis pas les cours de francais depuis long temps, donc, toutes de ma grammaire sucks dirt.
4. I started snow skiing when I was 3 1/2, and have the photos to prove it.
5. I'm listening to Gravel Lines by Amy Seeley right now. She's a new favorite as of two days ago.
6. I'm a dreamer.
7. I'm a fix-it girl, hand me a screw-driver and a wrench I can fix anything. Well not really, but I did help lay and grout a travertine floor, made my own picture frames, and was the go to handy-woman in my family while growing up.
8. My two favorite books of all time are The Blues Sword and Beauty by Robin McKinley. I found them when I was around 10 years old and have read them so many times I've lost track. Yes, I still read them, especially when I'm in the mood to cozy up with an old friend.
Here's the part where I'm supposed to tag eight other people . . . but you know my thoughts on that. Instead I'll tag just a few. Feel free to respond or not, I'll still like you anyway. lol
1. Mother of Boys @ Lem n' Em, sorry for those of you who can't access her blog.
2. Merebuff @ Clifford Goes to Town
3. @ Plenipotentiary
4. Donna Boucher @ Quiet Life
Feel free to heckle my lack of French skills in the comments section.