Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Self Portrait, at the beach
Here I am at the beach a few short weeks ago. The tang of the sea permeated the air, the roar of waves crashed along the shore, and the soft sand underfoot was soothing. This shot was taken at San Clemete, one of my favorite Southern California beaches. Why does it rank among my favorites? Well, because you can go out into the ocean 30 feet and still only have water reach your waist. It's perfect for boogie boarding.
I played family photog at this occasion, so this is all you're going to see of me in the near future. :)
A few days ago Kitty over at NY Portraits tagged me to tell you eight random things about me. Since most of you don't even know me, this should be fairly easy! lol
1. I fell out of a two-story window when I was 2 1/2, landed on my head, got to wear a cast on my head reminiscent of a football helmet and lived to tell the tale (obviously). I'll see if I can dig up some old footage to show you how I looked when I came home from the hospital.
2. I'm 5' 10" and started to regularly wear heals for the first time when I graduated from high school (really), because I was afraid to be taller than all the guys I knew. Fortunately it didn't take me long after graduating to realize that I was already taller than most the guys I knew and that not wearing heals wasn't going to make any difference. I said, "Skip it", and have had a blast ever since.
3. Je parles francais. Vraiment. Mais, je ne suis pas les cours de francais depuis long temps, donc, toutes de ma grammaire sucks dirt.
4. I started snow skiing when I was 3 1/2, and have the photos to prove it.
5. I'm listening to Gravel Lines by Amy Seeley right now. She's a new favorite as of two days ago.
6. I'm a dreamer.
7. I'm a fix-it girl, hand me a screw-driver and a wrench I can fix anything. Well not really, but I did help lay and grout a travertine floor, made my own picture frames, and was the go to handy-woman in my family while growing up.
8. My two favorite books of all time are The Blues Sword and Beauty by Robin McKinley. I found them when I was around 10 years old and have read them so many times I've lost track. Yes, I still read them, especially when I'm in the mood to cozy up with an old friend.
Here's the part where I'm supposed to tag eight other people . . . but you know my thoughts on that. Instead I'll tag just a few. Feel free to respond or not, I'll still like you anyway. lol
1. Mother of Boys @ Lem n' Em, sorry for those of you who can't access her blog.
2. Merebuff @ Clifford Goes to Town
3. @ Plenipotentiary
4. Donna Boucher @ Quiet Life
Feel free to heckle my lack of French skills in the comments section.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Hi! Thank you for thinking of my...if I hadn't just done it...I would do it for you :o)ReplyDelete
There they are :o)
Now I am going to see if you have a flickr, too.
Obviously I need to start reading your blog WAY more often!!ReplyDelete
Fabulous!! I love it when you've already done something and can whip it out. lolReplyDelete
love your list! haha!ReplyDelete
bravo for admitting to the helmet!
I guess I'll just do my ten here.ReplyDelete
1. I'm a SAHM with 3 boys ages 8 1/2, 6 and almost 2. I love them and they drive me crazy (sometimes at the same time).
2. I recently started exercising everyday and LOVE it.
3. I am a nap junkie and can sleep almost anywhere.
4. I love reading. I'm just not happy without a book nearby. I am on a first name basis with the local librarians.
5. I can't beat the broken head with helmet, but I did knock my front teeth out twice and had plastic surgery 5 times on my face from childhood accidents. My mother threatened to make me wear a helmet 24/7.
6. Though I didn't know it until about 12 years ago, I love good food. (Asian, Indian, Middle Eastern among the best)I love making it, eating it, eating it, eating it, oh, I already said that.
7. I'm a project person. Once I get going on something, it's hard to stop (to the exclusion of all else). I hate schedules for myself (though getting more and more necessary as the boys get older). Ahh--Maybe I just want to do whatever I'm in the mood to do..hmm. I'll have to think that one through.
8. Still madly in love with my dh after almost 12 years of marriage :)
That's a great list! So I'm wondering what the d in dh stands for. I'm hoping it's "dear" or "devoted" not 'd@*#!" lolReplyDelete
I'm still not blog-savvy enough to know how to tag back or ping or whatever it's called, but I posted my list here.ReplyDelete
Oh, and thanks for thinking of me!ReplyDelete
@ Camsavwin - Awesome, I'll be right over. :)ReplyDelete